Sunday, January 24, 2016

Embarkation



Drinking Pina Coladas this past Summer on our cruise to the Eastern Caribbean!  I came home engaged and 10lbs heavier!


So I guess I should begin with an introduction.  I am a 29 year old soon-to-be bride and have embarked on a health and well-being journey!  For most of my life, I could eat whatever I liked and didn't have to worry about my weight.  Well, the past 3 years has finally confirmed what I knew to be true - slowing metabolisms, gaining weight when in a happy relationship, and that I can't eat a whole pizza by myself forever without facing the repercussions of cheese & bread (ughhh whyyyy not!).  Over a year ago I decided to give Fit Girl's Guide a try and I really enjoyed it!  You can read a little bit about that journey at my old, failed blog!  Anyways, it was fun, I enjoyed it, and it worked pretty well (well it worked to the extent of the amount of effort I put in, which dwindled as I finished my final semester of my graduate degree).

So here we are, 24 days into 2016 and I've decided to give this healthy lifestyle and blog thing another go!  This time, I've decided to sign up for Weight Watchers, so I will be sharing my experiences, recipes, and meal plans along the way!  I do still use recipes from Fit Girl's Guides and I love the support from their online community, so you will see some of that as well!  So far, I am down 7lbs since January 1st! (Woo Hoo!)  I'm already seeing changes in my energy level and sleep patterns!

Anyways, I hate long, babbling blogs (like hellllooooo, I clicked a link to see a recipe, not a novel about how you found these organic blueberries while browsing the Farmer's Market and it inspired you!  Get to the point!) So here it goes, find some recipes, read some of my tips, and have a good time! :

Feeling a little less squishy after only 12 days!  Stayed within my Weight Watchers points, hot lemon water upon waking up, limiting myself to 1 cup of coffee per day, drinking a minimum of 64 ounces of water daily (usually with 8oz. of 100% unsweetened cranberry juice to help de-bloat!), no alcohol (ok that didn't last long after this pic, but I'm doing a lot better than before!)  Oh yeah and exercise, they say that part is pretty important!  I keep it simple, 30 minute workouts in my living room in the morning and cardio a few times per week (some weeks more than others!)

No comments:

Post a Comment